Advertisement

Wednesday 18 May 2016

Toke Makinwa on Her Struggle to Keep it Together

In a rare emotional post, media personality, Toke Makinwa, opened up about her struggle to keep it together.

The naturally upbeat OAP known for her inspirational and sometimes raunchy quotes- like this one where she declared her love for Idris Elba– and had stayed positive through her messy separation from her ex-husband Maje Ayida, today felt the weight of the world crushing her shoulders. She stated that she was tempted to “throw the towel in” after the events of the day which she did not describe in details.
This struggle may not be unrelated to the constant attack on the 31-year-old vlogger on social media for her seemingly carefree approach to life and marriage which she had to take to twitter to address in a rare move.
“Today wasn’t one of the best but I choose to see it as a bad day and not a bad life. We all struggle sometimes, we are human! I share my journey to inspire someone out there not to give up. I came close to it today, I said some unkind things to God and I really just wanted to throw the towel in. Reading my open heavens tonight gave me a reason to share this. There is peace in God, his peace alone can calm the raging storm. If you are in the storm right now I pray that God sees you thru to the other side, I pray for clarity and over all I pray you find peace. You will see the sun again #Soon ❤️, she wrote.
Fans have been quick to lend their support, encouraging her that all will be well, while others have thanked her for sharing.

No comments: