Advertisement

Sunday 22 May 2016

‘Why I don’t make films for Nigerian producers’ – Kunle Afolayan

Renowned filmmaker and actor, Kunle Afolayan has opened up on why he doesn’t make movies for Nigerian actors and producers. The multi-award winning film producer, in a press conference for the release of his new movie ‘The CEO‘, disclosed that though he is open to working with anybody and everybody; he won’t compromise his standards just to make a movie.

The first thing you need to understand is that I don’t work the way most people work. It takes me two years to make a film, in fact, once I’m done shooting a movie, I start plans towards the shooting of the next movie.”
Speaking further, the Golden Effects boss added: ‘I have had offers and I have even had senior partners and colleagues wanting to work but directing isn’t a child’s play. When we discuss, and you tell them this is the standard, they sometimes don’t call back or I just stand my ground that since I can’t compromise, I might as well back out.’
The ‘Figurine’ actor, however declared that he’ll be working with some bigwigs in the industry soon.
‘I’m open to it but I can’t compromise several things and that is why I concentrate on my productions but will be doing things with some senior partners in the industry and we are working together on the bill of a cable channel. You will soon see a collaboration of efforts from me and other topshots in the industry,’ he said.

No comments: